The Eliminate Project is Kiwanis International’s global campaign to help eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus from the face of the Earth. The campaign will raise US $110 million for the project. We are partnering with UNICEF in a global effort to eliminate MNT, a deadly but highly preventable disease that kills mothers and newborns in the world’s poorest regions.
· 1 baby dies every 9 minutes from tetanus
· 160 babies die each day from tetanus
· A series of 3 doses of the tetanus vaccine = immunity from tetanus
· When a woman receives the vaccine the baby is also protected
· US $1.80 protects 1 woman and her future babies
· The Eliminate Project saves or protects 61 million women and babies
The time to help is NOW!
A single pledge or multi-year gift by an individual or club is all it takes to save lives! For an even greater impact, an individual or club can commit to the following campaign options:
Walter Zeller Fellowship
When you give US $1,250 to the Eliminate Project, you can become a Walter Zeller Fellow – and save or protect more than 690 women and their future babies.
As a Model Club, your club pledges to raise an annual per-member average of US $150 or more each year for five years – through any combination of fundraising methods. That comes to an average of US $13 per month, per member, over those five years. Your club’s five-year commitment begins the day you submit your commitment form.
Join us as we work together to achieve our goal of raising US $110 million by 2015 and eliminating maternal and neonatal tetanus. You can make a difference in saving the lives of mothers and babies!